Pages

Sunday 24 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Week 1 - Day 1 - Activity 1


                                   Image result for maui legend of fish
For the first Activity from the Summer Learning Journey, we had to read the story of Maui and the giant fish. We then have to write 3 facts about Maui and what a other stories that you have herd Maui in.

3 facts
  1.  Maui used his own Blood to catch the giant fish.
  2. Maui also used a Karakia to catch all the fish.
  3. Maui always want to go fishing so he hid in the canoe.



I have heard Maui in other stories like how he slowed the sun.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eric,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you this summer as part of the Summer Learning Journey program. It's great to see that you have made such a good start on these activities. Well done! I can't wait to read them all.

    You've got some great facts about Maui! I like how you have laid your thinking out so clearly. Your post made me think, if he wanted to go fishing, why did he have to hide in the canoe?

    It's great to see that you have heard of how Maui slowed the sun! Have you heard the story of how he brought fire to the world? It's another really good story! Here is the link if you would like to read it: http://eng.mataurangamaori.tki.org.nz/Support-materials/Te-Reo-Maori/Maori-Myths-Legends-and-Contemporary-Stories/How-Maui-brought-fire-to-the-world

    Let me know what you think!
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eric
    Well done on completing the first summer learning journey activity. Your facts about Maui are great. I had no idea that Maui used his own blood to catch a giant fish. Also, I like how you added a image. Keep up the good work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete