Pages

Sunday 24 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Week 1 - Day 1 - Activity 2

Image result for waka

For this activity of day 1 we had to write how would I feel on a waka filled with other people on voyage to New Zealand in a letter to a friend. 


Letter: Hi Oh Hsen, I am Currently in a waka with other people, to find a island called New Zealand. I am feeling really scared because I don't really now what this country look like and if I am going to like this place. The people next to me are acting very strange, I have not see that before. I am really worried because we are getting to the stage that we don't have that much food left.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eric,

    Ruby here from the Learning Journey team! It's great to see that you've been working away on these activities! Well done!

    Great letter! I like how you have talked about how scared the original settlers would have been. They would have been nervous as well!
    Running out of food would be something they would have been scared of. What do you think they would have done when they ran out of food?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eric
    Well done on completing this summer learning journey activity. Your letter is great. I like how you wrote about a problem that could happen in real life (Running out of food). Keep up the awesome work Eric.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete