Pages

Sunday 24 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Week 1 - Day 3 - Activity 2

Ko _____________Maungarei___________ te maunga    The mountain that I affiliate* to is…
Ko ___________Tamaki_____________ te awa          The river that I affiliate to is….
Ko _____________Samoa___________ ahau I am from…
Ko_____Elemi___ rāua ko ____Allan_______ōku mātua  My parents are … and …

Ko ___________Eric_____________ tōku ingoa. My name is …

For this activity I had to write a my own Pepeha. I think that it was really hard because I have no Maori blood in me but it is fun writing what I relate to.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Eric,

    I am so glad to hear you enjoyed writing your pepeha! That puts a big smile on my face :) I would love to travel to Samoa one day. It looks like such a beautiful Island! Do you get to travel there much yourself?

    Ko Rumginae ahau. I am from Rumginae which is a small place in Papua New Guinea. That is where I was born. So I was lucky and got to live in a village environment as I was growing up.

    If you’re feeling brave, maybe you could post a short video of yourself presenting your pepeha out loud. No pressure though! If you don’t want to that is no worries at all :)

    Keep up the great work Eric, I look forward to reading more of your blog posts!

    Cadence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eric, Well done for completing this task.
    This was my favuoite part of the summer learning Jounrey because further that I like google translate. I used translate to use it for my pepeha.

    Well done
    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eric
    Great job on completing this summer learning journey activity. Your pepeha is great. I also found it hard to finish mine. It's also good it hear that you had fun writing it. Keep up the awesome work Eric.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete